Friday, October 1, 2010

The Pergola

The air is crisp and sweet as Fall settles in to this part of the woods. These photos were taken in August.

In the Spring, I had picked three projects to have completed before now. I thought that seemed pretty reasonable but now I realize one per Summer is sufficient. I am very happy that my pergola is almost complete. My father is building a gate which will be the finishing touch.







I am very excited about my golden hops~ Humulus Lupulus Aureus.
They only grew about 12 feet this year but will hopefully reach 25+ feet next year.




The papery hops are so delicate.

Another favourite of mine, Hollyhocks~ Alcea.
They are biennials so this year they just come up green and next Summer they should be spectacular!

2 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

It looks awesome!

I can't wait to see it continue to 'grow'

Miss Lizzy said...

Your pergola looks fantastic! I really like your blog, too. I've never seen hops and always wondered what they looked like.

Post a Comment