Wednesday, May 26, 2010

At the Door

The bed along the front of the house is finished also. When we moved in the roses and shrubs were here but the grass crept in. I have filled it in with perennials, edged and mulched it.

This Cushion Spurge~ Euphorbia epithymoides is like having a wee sun right outside my door.

It makes me smile every time I come home.











I am thinking of planting more Columbine~ Aquilegia caerules as I find the star shaped flowers so pretty.



Shells from a recent beach walk.

I think it is so important to clean up any landscaping that you see everyday. Walking past weeds from hell and choking perennials everyday does nothing for the spirit!

2 comments:

Cat with a Garden said...

I love Columbine too and it's easy to just let them set seed and scatter them around. The cushion spurge looks just perfect with its round shape and the cheery blooms. I like the "normal" euphorbia amygdaloides type too. The special blooms colour betweem yellow and green is so attractive.

AFSS said...

I love the Cushion Spurge ~ Alasandra

Post a Comment