Sunday, May 23, 2010

Shade Garden

This is one part of the berm that is actually almost all done. I am very excited about that!!


This area faces the dining room so it really needed to be recreated as I faced it at every meal.
It is the only spot on the property that is a shaded bed and I wish I had more. I like lush, earthy feel of shade plants.




I planted these Bergenia last year and they are looking wonderful.


I have some grass on the left that I have to remove this year and I also need to mulch it too.


I also ordered some lilies to plant under this birch as there are a few there already. That way I'll dig that part, take out the weeds and grass and plant the bulbs.


That makes one section down, about 50 to go. ;)


1 comments:

Cat with a Garden said...

You just got to get some Hosta, Astilbe and Thalictrum for this shady area!

Post a Comment